Drop cloths (or old sheets that you don't mind getting ruined with paint)
Hair Covering (an old shower cap should work)
Segmented foam roller
Long handled paint roller frame
Paint color of choice
- Take your drop cloths or sheets and cover all your furniture, carpeting, etc. to keep anything you don't want ruined from getting paint on it.
- Using your feather duster, dust the ceiling well, a feather duster or other soft duster is preferred so you don't knock any of the popcorn off the ceiling by trying to scrub too hard.
- For stained areas on the ceiling, purchase a spray paint that is the same color as the paint you are using, and spray paint these spots first. Wait for them to dry before painting your ceiling.
- When you start painting your popcorn ceiling, be sure to only roll in one direction, if you roll back and forth the popcorn will start to peel off now that it is wet with paint.
- If you see spots on the ceiling that need more paint, wait for the first coat to dry before applying a second coat.