With a lot of snow, there comes the chance for power outages. Do you have an emergency kit prepped if your power goes out this winter?
Here are a few ideas of some things that could be handy to have in your emergency kit:
- Car charger for your cell phone. This particularly comes in handy if the power is out, longer than expected.
- First Aid Kit.
- Flashlight or Oil Lantern (or both in case any batteries run dead)
- Bottled Drinking Water.
- Non-perishable food.
- Pocket Knife (can be used for slicing up food or for whittling to pass the time)
- Manual Can Opener
- Crackers & Cookies in Sealed Containers
- Treats for your Pets
- Battery Powered Radio
- Something to help pass the time, whether it is board games, pen and paper to doodle, etc. Boredom setting in can be very stressful in an already stressful situation.