Some of you may even want to visit Earth Day Network's website so that you can Pledge an Act of Green. And we hope that many of you do. Our earth is definitely something that we want to be conscious of and take care of.
Curious as to what some things are that you can be doing to help out Mother Earth? Here are a few ideas:
- Use reusable shopping bags instead of plastic bags while out getting your groceries or other necessities.
- Recycle your plastic bottles, aluminum cans, glass, newspapers, and more, instead of throwing them away.
- Start composting.
- Buy local. It helps the local economy while also cutting the amount of energy it takes to ship foods worldwide.
- Carpool. Not only will this cause you to put off less emissions, it will also help your wallet if your carpool group chips in for gas.
- Plant something, a tree, a flower, fruits, vegetables, anything. All plants help the environment since they use CO2. Don't have a yard? You can do an indoor plant in a planter or even use a bucket as a planter.
- If you haven't already switch your light bulbs out with the energy efficient ones.
- Shorten your shower time, if you have any leaky faucets, shower heads, pipes, etc. Fix them or replace them. You'd be surprised at how much water is wasted from a dripping faucet.
- If it is sunny, turn off your lights and open the blinds to use the natural light for seeing and save electricity. (This will also save your power bill if you practice this every day.
- Pick up trash you find. If can be recycled, put in the recycling bin.